Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I want to be unplugged and free


I don't want it to be the first thing I reach for each day.

I don't want to check it, even when it doesn't make a sound.

I don't want to walk around with my eyes glued to its screen.

I don't want it to bombard me with ads for things I don't need to buy.

I don't want to ignore people because it has sucked me in.

I don't want to depend on it for entertainment.

I don't want to live in fear of missing out.

I don't want to waste so much time with it.

I don't want to always be reachable on it.

I don't want to always be plugged into it.

I want to give people my undivided attention.

I want to really see my surroundings.

I want to notice little things that others don't see.

I want to make eye contact.

I want to smile and say hello to a stranger.

I want to lose myself in a story.

I want to enjoy quiet and solitude.

I want to use my imagination.

I want to express myself creatively.

I want to move.

I want to explore.

I want to unplug.

I want to just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment