Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Cat's in the Bags

Day #2 of Random Posts



I went to bed at 8:00 last night because I couldn't stay awake. Sometime during the night, I heard Misty playing with a plastic bag. I've learned that we can't leave plastic bags in the bedroom or she will play with them during the night. I think all cat owners know this. I will have to put that one away. Or add it to Misty's stash.

A couple of weeks ago, I gathered up the plastic bags that were under the kitchen sink so I could take them to the basement. There was one large Target bag and several normal size bags. I tend to keep bags and boxes on hand just in case I need one for something. We don't accumulate a big stash anymore because we take our own bags to the grocery store and to Target.

Instead of taking the bags to the basement right away, I put the bag of bags on the floor next to the stairway in the living room so I could take them on my next trip. Later, I looked into the living room and Misty had crawled into the bags and made her self comfortable for a nap. 

I decided to wait on taking the bags downstairs since Misty seemed to enjoy getting into them. I think she likes the crinkly, rustling noise they make. Finally, when I got I got tired of seeing them on the living room floor, I picked them up to take them to the basement. Then Misty came running down the stairs like she was looking for her toys! I brought them back up.

Yesterday the inevitable happened. I was upstairs and Misty came running up with a bag handle around her neck. She ran into the corner of the office and it fell off. So I picked up the bag and put it back downstairs with the others. It wasn't long before she was back to playing in her bags.

The only cat toys we've every bought that have gotten much use are the little mice that have a bead in them so they rattle when you shake them. The battery operated mouse toy that Kent bought when Misty was looking for something to play with (she kept getting into my stash of Mardi Gras beads) - she's just not into you. The cloth and twine "toy" I bought because it makes a crinkly noise - it just sits there.

We also have a few boxes laying around our house that we haven't been able to throw away or recycle because of this cat. Just when I think, maybe I can get rid of this shoe box, she crawls into it for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment